The current building was opened in 2004 and replaced the 1960’s building. The school was named after Malcolm Stuart White. He was born in Woburn on March 25th, 1904. Mr. White grew up in Woburn and was educated in the Woburn Public Schools. As a young man, he worked in the leather industry. He married Edna Neville and they had four sons- Malcolm, Jr; Douglas, Donald and Richard. He lived to see only one of his fourteen grandchildren.
At the age of 24 he was alderman for ward 4. All his life, he was very active in civil affairs. He served on the Hospital Board, Y.M.C.A. Board, President of Veterans of Foreign Wars, member of the Legion, member of the Masons and life-long member of the Baptist Church. He joined the National Guard, Company B, Motor Transport Co. in 1941. They were called into federal service and he served in the South Pacific early in the war and was finally sent to the Fiji Islands for rest.
Later he was sent back home to Ft. Worth in Texas. He was discharged as a Major on a medical disability in 1944. He set up and served as head of a board to rehabilitate returning veterans. He was elected as a State Representative from Woburn, Reading, North Reading and Wilmington. At the time of his death, he was Superintendent of State Buildings.