Welcome! Bem-vindos! ¡Bienvenidos! Byenvini!
Woburn Public Schools is quickly becoming a multilingual and multicultural community. While English, Portuguese, Spanish, and Haitian Creole are our top languages, we represent 30 different languages and countries from all around the world!
Our Multilingual Learners who attend Woburn Public Schools are part of the Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) program. The SEI Program is for multilingual students in PK-12. The instructional materials and subject matter is taught in English. Students also receive direct English instruction in the English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom.
Resources for Parents
- Identifying a student as Multilingual Learner
- What is Language Testing?
- What is ACCESS for ELLs?
- Family Connections Through Home Languages
- DESE English Proficiency Benchmarks
- Colorin Colorado
- Multilingual Books & Literacy – MATSOL